Wednesday 13 January 2010

Can't go back

Yesterday I went to see Avatar in 3D at the Empire Cinema in Hemel, I haven't seen a 3D film for ages - at least 10 years. This was absoloutely fantastic. The 3D effect was incredible, if you haven't seen the film yet get yourself down to see it. My only problem with 3D technology is that you have to watch what the director is expecting you to watch, several scenes have stuff in the near field which is out of focus because you are supposed to be watching the action in the middle field. However if you try to focus on the near field stuff it is still out of focus which is quite disorienting until you learn to follow the action.
Doe this mean that we will all become even more passive viewers? Or will you have to learn to use your peripheral vision if you want to 'see' the extra bits?
Either way I'm all for it - bring on 3D TV (though if it ends up being 3D HD REALD TV then someone needs to make a nice snappy title.)

I just don't think I'll be able to go back to 2D

No comments: